Sunday 6 November 2016

Writing Rotation Board

Great news!
I have uploaded my Writing Rotation to my TPT Store!

The writing rotation, which spells WRITE, engages students in writing, talking about writing, responding to writing ,and analyzing texts. 
The rotation uses the word WRITE as an acronym. Following a mini-lesson, all students begin with the W (Write) rotation in which they write for a sustained time with focus and stamina. Then I divide my class into 4 groups and they rotate throughout the workshop.

W: Write (with stamina and focus)
R: Read To Others
I: Interesting Words
T: Text Think
E: Examine Mentor Texts

This format allows alignment with the writing curricular outcomes, guided writing, strategy lessons, 1:1 conferences with goal development, small group discussions, and self-directed writing and activities. It facilitates differentiation based on ability and meets the individual needs and goals of my learners while providing purposeful rotational activities. Best of all, at the end of each week, I have sufficient evidence to help plan subsequent strategy lessons, help set individual goals with students, and to determine groupings for the following week.

The cards were designed to look great whether printed in colour or in grayscale.

This is a growing bundle. Additional rotation cards will be added and available to purchasers at no additional cost.








No comments:

Post a Comment