Friday 20 July 2018

Back To School Prepping - Freebie #3









School preparation takes a toll on a teacher's summer fun. I want to help you take back your summer.  In the last post, I showed how I organize my students' data folders and offered two freebies.

Due to requests for how I organize my materials, I have focused this post on the organization of my teaching material. Organizing my materials took a long time as I wrestled with container size, labelling, and organizing my materials within the container for quick retrieval.  

I finally settled on the Sterilite 38 L container pictured below. The container holds:
  1. Binders - which are tabbed per session. Each session includes a daily overview and materials for the minilesson, individual task, and group share. Each detailed session plan is stored digitally, so I do not file a print copy.
  2. Hanging File Folders - which are labelled per big curricular outcome. In each folder, I place games and other station materials related to that outcome.
  3. Books - which are picture books that I use as mentor texts in sessions.










I affix a label to the outside of the container using a self-laminating photo sheet. The sheets can be purchases through Amazon, but I often find them at the local Dollar Store.

Today's freebie are the labels I affix to my containers. I have added my math labels, as well as my holiday labels. Click on the link or the image below to grab your freebie. PLEASE post your feedback regarding this freebie! Thank you!







No comments:

Post a Comment